Commercial ManagerApply NowLocation:
Quintessential Brands, the company behind award winning spirits brands including Bloom, Greenalls, Opihr and Dubliner and one of the largest retail brand suppliers to major grocery customers in the UK, are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join our Grocery sales team. Especially in the current climate, the Off Trade side of our business has seen significant growth and is a key part of our strategic plans for the future. The Commercial Manager will be tasked with developing and driving a strategy for growth and profitability in some of our largest customer accounts.
Reporting to the Grocery Business Unit Director and working alongside a team of other Commercial Managers, you will take ownership for delivering key KPIs across our premium spirits, own label and retailer brands, using data and insight to build strategy plans to maximise growth and take QB to partnership status. Stakeholder management is the key to success in this role and you will not only build strong relationships at all levels within your accounts, from buying and supply chain to NPD teams, you’ll also work closely with 3rd parties on developing brand activation plans and partner with internal colleagues across both the Off Trade team and other functions including marketing and production to ensure that we deliver on our business objectives.
The Commercial Manager role is a pivotal part of our Off Trade strategy and, as such, you will need to be resourceful and tenacious to achieve results. As a business we have grown quickly and this means that our systems and processes are still adapting, this is a great opportunity to join us as we evolve and help to shape our direction moving forward but it will require a high degree of resilience and creativity to be successful.
What do we need from you?
- Our new Commercial Manager will have extensive experience in a commercial sales role in the grocery or convenience sector, if you’ve worked with one of top four retailers that would be perfect.
- Negotiation is your middle name – diplomatic yet persuasive, you’ll be experienced in negotiating new listings, promotional investment plans and, ideally, will have worked on JBPs, price increases and retailer brand launches in your previous roles.
- Communication is key – you’ll be an excellent communicator who can build and develop stakeholder relationships at all levels and isn’t afraid to have challenging commercial conversations.
- You’ll love a challenge - you’ll be resilient and embrace opportunities, overcoming objections and resistance to achieve creative solutions.
- Financial acumen – you’ll be comfortable with the numbers, having had exposure to P&Ls in the past, preferably you’ll have had full P&L responsibility.
Please note: Quintessential Brands does not accept recruitment agency submissions through this site. All agencies are requested to direct their enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org